Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mediafire direct linking

I've seen a few different comments (and gotten some e-mails) recently about problems downloading the podcasts -- I've never had my own web server space to host the podcast files, so I've always used free online hosts.  Mediafire.com is the one I use currently and it seems to work well.  Not everyone is having an issue, as I can see multiple downloads on each file, but there have been enough reports that I think I'm going to try to something I found online.

The standard links on the blog go to a mediafire.com page where another "download" link has to be clicked in order to start the file download.  I've had an issue on my Android phone getting that page to work, so I know it may have similar issues on other mobile devices.  I found a way (I think) to bypass that screen and just have a direct link -- I put the new direct links on the May 15 & May 16, 2012 show entries.  Try those and let me know if they work -- either drop me an e-mail at deminskidoylefan - at - lycos - dot - com or leave a comment to this post.

Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The direct link works! Thanks :)

Anonymous D&D Fan said...

Awesome :)

Anonymous said...

works great !!! Thx

Anonymous D&D Fan said...

Good good -- think I'm going to switch to the direct links now...