Friday, June 12, 2009

D&D - June 12, 2009

Go Wings! In honor, I'll break out a song parody I wrote back in high school:

Game 7
(To the tune of Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton)

Will they chant my name when I play in Game 7?
Will I feel pride or shame when I played in Game 7?
It won't be long, 'till we get it on
And I know I'll give it all in Game 7

I'll have lots of fans when I play in Game 7
They'll all fill the stands when I play in Game 7
I'll find a way to make the saves
Cause I know I'm on my game in Game 7

Time is winding down, we've got a two-goal lead
Time to do my part, make 'em yell and scream
Yell and scream

The final score: We won by four
And I know I closed the door in Game 7

Now let plan parades, I'm the star of Game 7
I just played my game and we won it in 7
They play my song, the party's on
Cause I know I gave it all in Game 7
Cause I know I gave it all in Game 7...

Here are a few topics from today's (Red Wings-dominated) show, courtesy of WCSX.com:

1. WOULD YOU DO THE RIGHT THING? (podcast) - Yesterday an armored truck lost A LOT of money on I-75. Several people stopped to help themselves to some of the cash that spilled out onto the highway. The police are asking them to return the money. What would you do?
2. KEN DANIELS IN STUDIO (podcast) - This is it. It's Do or Die. Tonight the Red Wings will play Game 7 against the Penguins in the Stanley Cup Finals. Fox Sports Detroit play by play announcer Ken Daniels stopped by to talk hockey with D&D.
3. JIM'S NEW FAMILY ADDITIONS (podcast) - Jim O'Brien and family adopted two adorable kittens. Jim thinks it is only fitting to name the new little ones after Red Wings players. His family is NOT sold on that idea.
4. DIGITAL TRANSITION IS HERE! (podcast) - The digital transition has happened. Did you get your converter box? Do you know anyone who is living in the dark ages? What technology are people resisting? And why?
5. JOHN TURTURRO (imdb) - D&D interviewed the guy soon to be competing with himself at the box office - he stars in both the remake of The Taking of Pelham 123 and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
6. DON'T STOP BELIEVING (zshare) - Download the update version of the Red Wings remix of Journey's classic song - pulled from webstream.

Here's the show:

Deminski & Doyle - 2009-06-12 Hour 1
http://sharebee.com/78d572e1
Filename: 2009-06-12 Hour 1.mp3 Size: 19.85 MB

Deminski & Doyle - 2009-06-12 Hour 2

http://sharebee.com/7e2a34e7
Filename: 2009-06-12 Hour 2.mp3 Size: 21.8 MB

Deminski & Doyle - 2009-06-12 Hour 3
http://sharebee.com/d1929931
Filename: 2009-06-12 Hour 3.mp3 Size: 23.23 MB

No comments: